Though the megachain is finding it increasingly difficult to continue dedicating shelf space to music, they’ve announced they’ll be making entire KISS-themed sections of Walmart, dubbed the “KISS Korner”.
The new section, which will sell a number of silly trinkets, is a marketing tie-in for the band’s upcoming Walmart-exclusive album, Sonic Boom.
Items set to hit stores on Oct. 6 include:
- KISS “Sonic Boom” CD/DVD package – $12
- KISS T-shirts – $5
- Four select KISS Mr. Potato Head kollectibles (The Demon, The Spaceman, The Catman and The Starchild) – $10
- KISS fleece blanket – $10
- KISS M&M candies (7 oz. bags – Limited Edition) – $6
- KISS catalog CDs such as “Dressed to Kill”, “Destroyer”, “Love Gun” and “Very Best of Kiss” — $5 – $9
- KISS makeup kits, masks and wigs (select Wal-Mart stores*) – $5
“To complement this highly-anticipated music release, we are excited to bring a unique store experience with KISS merchandise at an unbeatable value for fans of all ages,” said Greg Hall, vice president of Media Services, Wal-Mart U.S. “It has been both fun and an honor to work with the band and celebrate with fans the new music release and album tour.”
Um, yeah. Hey, why couldn’t they get a little sassy and make some “Love Gun” themed toys, if you know what I’m sayin’? That guy knows what I’m talkin’ about. Ha cha cha.