Earlier this week, Slayer teased everyone by announcing that their Palladium show in Los Angeles, their first performance there in 25 years, would be “Old School Slayer” night, consisting of songs that up and through 1990′s Seasons in the Abyss. While that sounded like a good way to honor Jeff Hanneman, not to mention pretty much the set list any Slayer fan would want, it kind of sent a message to the the other tour markets – namely, ‘fuck you, everyone but Los Angeles.’ After some consideration, the band have had a change of heart and decided to make all their North American tour dates ‘Old School Slayer Night.’
“We’re having such a great time rehearsing this ‘Old School’ set, we’ve decided to play it on every one of our upcoming tour dates,” announced Slayer’s Kerry King.
So Slayer fans will be able to hear music from Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits, Reign in Blood, South of Heaven and Seasons. Yup, that’s a big win for every Slayer fan. Tom Araya notes that the final set list is still coming together, but promises “a great night of music and moshing for everyone.” This will be the first American tour without Dave Lombardo on drums, and will be definitely be somewhat of a sentimental one, as it’s the first once since Jeff Hanneman died. Check the tour dates below.
- 22 Sullivan Sports Arena, Anchorage, AK
- 25 The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- 28 Hollywood Palladium, Hollywood, CA
- 30 Events Center @ San Jose State, San Jose, CA
- 8 Myth, Minneapolis, MN
- 10 FunFunFun Fest, Austin, TX
- 12 Bayou Music Center, Houston, TX
- 13 South Side Ballroom, Dallas, TX
- 15 Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL
- 16 The Fillmore, Detroit, MI
- 17 LC Pavilion, Columbus, OH
- 19 The Fillmore, Washington, D.C.
- 20 Stage AE, Pittsburgh, PA
- 26 Oakdale Theatre, Wallingford, CT
- 27 Theatre @ MSG, New York, NY
- 29 Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden, NJ
- 30 Tsongas Arena, Boston, MA