Posted by Gabi on Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:01 am
Back in April, we discovered that Metallica would not only participate in a tribute compilation for Ronnie James Dio, but also contribute to a Deep Purple anniversary album. Finally, some details as well as a release date for the tribute which celebrates the 40th anniversary of the Machine Head album have been announced.
The title of the tribute album will be Re-Machined: A Tribute To Deep Purple’s Machine Head and it will be released on September 4, 2012 via Classic Rock Magazine. Among others, Metallica, Chickenfoot, Black Label Society and Iron Maiden will make appearances. Metallica will be covering “When A Blind Man Cries” while Iron Maiden will offer their rendition of “Space Truckin’”, you will find the full track list at the end of this article.
But the tribute goodness doesn’t end there, as the celebratory package will also feature a 124-page long magazine featuring interviews with many of the featured artists as well as the honored Deep Purple themselves, including an interview with the late Jon Lord. Even more so, the magazine will show some unreleased photographs from back in the day and other artifacts from the band’s history.
Machine Head was Deep Purple’s sixth studio album recorded in December 1971, and stayed on the Billboard 200 charts for 118 weeks. Find the full track list of the tribute record after the jump.
01. Smoke On The Water - Carlos Santana
02. Highway Star - Chickenfoot
03. Maybe I’m A Leo - Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith, Luis Maldonado
04. Pictures Of Home - Black Label Society
05. Never Before - Kings Of Chaos (Joe Elliott, Steve Stevens, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, Arlan Schierbaum)
06. Smoke On The Water - The Flaming Lips
07. Lazy - Jimmy Barnes, Joe Bonamassa
08. Space Truckin’ - Iron Maiden
09. When A Blind Man Cries – Metallica
10. Highway Star - Glenn Hughes, Steve Vai, Chad Smith, Lachlan Doley (exclusive track)
Tags: Black Label Society, Carlos Santana, Chad Smith, Chickenfoot, Deep Purple, Glenn Hughes, Iron Maiden, Joe Bonamassa, Kings Of Chaos, Lachlan Doley, Luis Maldonado, Metallica, Steve Vai, The Flaming Lips, Tribute