Both Metal Sucks and Metal Injection have discovered the identity of Jered Threatin, the one that has taken the wrong steps to make himself “famous.” There’s that old phrase, “do not try this at home.” The same rules should apply with what Jered has done: deceive just about everyone including his family. Apparently, these issues aren’t new as they’ve happened when he was called “Jered Eames” in his other band, Saetith. Thanks to MetalSucks having the time for the brilliant investigation, we decided to summarize it in bullet points:
- Jered Threatin’s real name is Jered Eames.
- His brother is Scott Eames, you might recognize him as “The Wicked One” in Thy Antichrist or his own band Nevalra.
- Jered is from Moberly, Missouri and currently lives in Hesperia, CA.
- He is 29 years old.
- Based on MetalSucks research, Jered started out as the sole recording member, multi-instrumentalist and live bass player for the black/death band Saetith, which released two EPs one in 2007 and the second in 2010.
- According to MetalUnderground, Jered supposedly joined Abigail Williams back in 2010, which didn’t last long or exist at all.
- Saetith had a few notable band members including Gian Pyres who performed with Cradle of Filth for a few touring cycles and Cryptic Winter who spent some time with Dying Fetus and Broken Hope.
- You can read the rest of his egotistical attempts at MetalSucks.
Scott Eames has broken his silence about his brother by issuing the following statement:
“All I can say is I’m disappointed in the choices my brother has made. With the current news shedding light on his real identity and our relation, and that we did have a band together in the past, I have to actively disassociate myself with his current actions.
It is my opinion that with the same amount of effort and money, of which I’m sure he’s borrowed a lot, there’s no doubt in my mind, with his talent, he could have done something in a legitimate and respectable manner. Instead, he’s gone the route of manipulation and deceit. While he may try to spin all this as an elaborate hoax of sorts, I can assure you, knowing my brother, that this indeed was a failed attempt at entering the music industry.
I’ve not spoken to Jered since 2012. It’s true that my brother and I had a somewhat successful regional band together, but we split up, mostly, due to Jered wanting to take things in the direction you all see before you. I, personally, have no tolerance for these kinds of antics. In contrast, I do things in a legitimate way. The opportunities I have had has been a product of hard work and dedication, and not through any means of misconception or deceit. It is my goal with this statement not to disown my brother, but to disassociate, and express my detest for, his recent actions in the music industry.”
Scott isn’t the only one Jered distanced himself from. It looks like he’s estranged himself from more than one of his family members including his father. MetalSucks ran into an old Facebook post on Jered’s personal account and noticed a heartbreaking comment by Jerry Eames, as MetalSucks pointed out it could be his dad:
Meanwhile, Jered “Threatin” continues to laugh at the headlines:
What is Fake News? I turned an empty room into an international headline. If you are reading this, you are part of the illusion.
Photos from MetalSucks: