Chances are, you spent the better part of the day wondering whether something unbelievable was true or if it was part of an April Fool’s prank (yeah, sorry about that). With that in mind, we decided to play a little game. We’ve compiled eleven “rumors” that have made their way around the metal community over the years. We’re putting it to you to determine which rumors are actually true.
So let’s start by going over the rumors:
– Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante is bassist Frank Bello’s uncle
– Overkill frontman Bobby Blitz Owns a Chocolate Shop
– Tony Iommi was briefly in Jethro Tull
– Lamb Of God’s Randy Blythe and Testament’s Alex Skolnick are working on a ballet together
– John 5 co-wrote a song for a Rod Stewart album
– John Bush was the voice of Burger King
– Before forming Weezer, Rivers Cuomo was in a progressive metal band in the late 80’s
– Killswitch Engage’s Jesse Leach appeared in a film with Alec Baldwin
– Kerry King, Dimebag Darrell and Jeff Loomis are some of the guitarists who declined Dave Mustaine’s offer to join Megadeth
– Lamb of God’s Chris Adler has completed the saltine cracker challenge
– Arch Enemy’s Michael Amott and Angela Gossow are married
Ok, now without cheating (that means no Google search or using Wikipedia), determine which of the above “facts” are actually true. Then see how many you got correct and see the answers on the next page.