The masters of Christmas metal Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which features member of Savatage, have wrapped up their 2014 touring and recently shared their impressive results of their merry metal travels.
– The 2014 Winter Tour grossed more than $51 million in just 52 days.
– Total tour attendance was nearly 1,000,000 fans.
– The tour grossed nearly $1 million per day from 11/13/14 to 1/4/15.
– The tour donated more than $1,000,000 to local and national charities.
– TSO has now played to well over 12 million fans.
From November 13th through January 4th the band — consisting of two groups of performers in the US — played 122 times and grossed over $51 million.
The band’s most recent release, Dreams of Fireflies (On A Christmas Night), came out in 2012, debuting at #9 by selling 32,000 copies in its first week of release. Producer and founder of the band Paul O’Neill is in the studio working on a new album for later this year.