Trans-Siberian Orchestra founder Paul O’Neill tragically died just under two months ago at the age of 61. At that time, his cause of death was from “chronic illness.” Today (30), TMZ and The Associated Press received a copy of O’Neill’s autopsy report reading his passing was intoxication. O’Neill suffered from a handful of health ailments including mild heart disease, hypertension, and moderate hardening of the arteries. However, his death was a deadly combination of prescription drugs consisting of methadone, codeine, diazepam (generic Valium), and doxylamine (an antihistamine).
Ultimately, the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner in Tampa determined his death was from an accidental drug overdose. He was found dead in his hotel room by hotel staff at a Tampa Embassy Suites on April 5th.
An official statement from O’Neill’s family revealed his death was a result of an “unexpected reaction” from the medications to help treat his chronic illness.
“Paul’s family has been inspired and thankful for the outpouring of support, well-wishes, and prayers, and we thank you for your ongoing respect for their personal privacy.
At this time they would like to share a few more details about the passing of Paul O’Neill:
The Hillsborough, Florida medical examiner’s office has determined the official cause of Paul O’Neill’s death as accidental, resulting from an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications to treat his numerous chronic illnesses (including bone augmentation surgery, complications from spinal fusion surgery, heart disease, and hypertension). “